- Special Sections
- Public Notices
If you are going to send flowers, candy, or gifts for Valentine’s Day do your homework first!
When buying flowers, consumers should be especially careful when making the purchase online or over the phone. Consumers should review the description of the floral arrangement and be sure they know exactly what their loved one will be getting. When doing business with a florist, keep the following in mind:
· Check out the store’s refund policy if the flowers arrive late, or are in bad condition.
· Get a written receipt for the order you place. It should include the price, what was ordered, time of delivery, and the location.
· Get several recommendations from friends and family.
Here are other tips from the BBB for successful Valentine’s shopping:
· Do your homework. Before ordering flowers, chocolates or any other gifts for Valentine’s Day check out the BBB's Business Review at www.bbb.org.
· Allow time for shipping. Check with the retailer or check the web site to make sure that you have allowed enough time for delivery by your specified date. Make sure that this date is specified clearly and guaranteed when you order.
· Be wary of any email received from an unknown sender. Do not open any unsolicited email and do not click on any links provided. Fake e-cards coming from scammers/hackers may send you an infected card or send you to a link where you are could compromise your computer’s safety.
For more information on shopping with companies you can trust, go to www.bbb.org or call 1-800-388-2222.