This is in reference to the 2012-2013 board approved donation and comprehensive grant list. As noted in the procedure below, a principal has the authority to accept a donation of $500 or less. Those donations are documented at the school level.
Receipt of Gifts
Personnel shall adhere to the following procedures when a donation is made to the District:
1. If the gift is a monetary donation of $500 or less, the Principal of the school may accept it with a written receipt to the individual or group donating it. The receipt must note the purpose for which the money will be used.
2. Monetary donations over $500 may be accepted by the Principal with approval of the Superintendent pending Board approval. Funds may not be expended until the Board grants approval.
3. The school may not accept, without prior approval of the District Technology Coordinator, any computer, peripheral device, or software.
4. Donations of supplies or materials for school or District use with a fair market value of $500 or less may be accepted by the Principal. The Principal must give a written receipt with a detailed listing of the items received and their intended use by the school. Any non-consumable donation must be added to the school inventory.
5. Donations of supplies or materials for school use with a fair market value greater than $500 may be accepted by the Principal with the approval of the pending Board approval. The supplies or materials may not be used until Board approval is received. The Principal must provide a written receipt with a detailed listing of the items received and their intended use by the school. Any non-consumable donation must be added to the school inventory. Consumables do not have to be added to the inventory.
6. In cases of anonymous donations, the receipt should be completed as directed above and retained for school records.