.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Woman dies in hotel room fire

-A A +A

Smoking in room cause of deadly hotel room fire

By Thomas Barr

 SHEPHERDSVILLE - A woman died in a fire Sunday morning in a Shepherdsville hotel.

Shepherdsville fire officials were called to the Days Inn around 8:20 a.m. on Sunday after a family heard the smoke detector and called for assistance.

In the next room, Shepherdsville Fire Chief Layne Troutman said that a woman had apparently been smoking in bed when the fire occurred. She was taken by Bullitt EMS to Jewish  Hospital Medical Center South, where she was pronounced dead. Her identity has not yet been released.

Troutman credited the family in the adjoining room and for the working smoke detectors. No other hotel rooms in the area were in use. No one else was injured.

Shepherdsville police, Bullitt EMS and Mount Washington Fire assisted.