.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Today's News

  • Huber selected principal at Bullitt Central High

     Erik Huber looks forward to Aug. 9th when he will greet Bullitt Central High School students as their new principal.

  • Shepherdsville police make arrests for separate shoplifting charges

     SHEPHERDSVILLE — A call on a shoplifter led to an added finding against a Shepherdsville man.

    Shepherdsville police responded to a shoplifting charge on July 11 at the Speedway on Highway 44 East.

    When officers arrived, Dustin Sturm, 32, was still on the property.

    Besides being in possession of the stolen merchandise, it was determined Sturm also had an outstanding warrant.

    He has been charged with theft by unlawful taking under $500 and served with the arrest warrant.

  • Students should check for accuracy on KEES money

     FRANKFORT — Kentucky high school students and 2017 graduates should check their Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) accounts for accuracy.

    KEES allows students to earn money for college by getting good grades in high school and for qualifying scores on the ACT or SAT. 

    Students eligible for free or reduced lunches may also earn awards for good scores on Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and Cambridge Advanced International exams. 

  • MW U-11 Baseball All-Stars

     After competing in the District 8-9-10-11 Tournament at Fairdale two weeks ago, the Mount Washington U-11 Baseball All-Stars moved on and competed in the 10-team  West Kentucky State Baseball Tournament this past weekend.

  • MW U-9 Baseball All-Stars

     The Mount Washington U-9 All-Stars competed this summer in the District 10 and 11 Tournament at Jeffersontown.

    The members of the team included Cody Alvey, Cole Cornell, Cayden Cowan, Hayden Elmore, Cole Halbrook, Chase Litton, Callen Magers, Taylor McCleskey, Garrison Miller, Landon Reed, Randy Wakefield and Brayden Warren.

    The team was coached by Danny Magers, Jeffrey Litton and Shane McKinley.

  • Son indicted for manslaughter in father's death

     SHEPHERDSVILLE — A man has been charged with the death of his father.

  • Muhlenberg Co. mine worker guilty of violating safety, health act

     OWENSBORO –  The Chief of Maintenance at Ken American Resources Paradise #9 Mine located in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, recently pleaded guilty to a federal grand jury indictment, in United States District Court, before Chief Judge Joseph H. McKinley, Jr., charging him with violating the Mine Safety and Health Act, announced United States Attorney John E. Kuhn, Jr.

  • FIRST-YEAR TEACHERS: Ellis overcomes change to Bullitt system

     MOUNT WASHINGTON — Taking on extra responsibility in the workplace can be a difficult transition for anyone but, when that extra responsibility is 18 extra students, a teacher has to be on top of her game.

    Luckily for students at Old Mill Elementary, Rachel Ellis was ready for the challenge when she moved from her previous Jefferson County position of working one-on-one with six special education students to being a teacher to a full classroom of first grade and kindergarten students last September.

  • Blue Lick wins third straight state title

     OKOLONA -- Brian Shirley has coached baseball for over 20 years, so you shouldn’t expect there to be any nerves as he guides the Blue Lick 18U team in the state tournament.

    But, after serving as an assistant coach on the squad’s back-to-back state titles, Shirley admitted to being just a little nervous.

    With the exception of one inning, there was no reason for nerves as Blue Lick swept through all four games to claim its third straight state title.

  • School staff to get 2 percent pay hike

     SHEPHERDSVILLE — Employees with the Bullitt County Public School System will see a pay increase for the 2017-18 year.

    The school board voted unanimously to approve a 1 percent pay increase for all employees. This will be added to a 1 percent increase supplied by the state for a total of 2 percent.

    This does not include any step increases earned by system employees.

    The pay increases went into effect on July 1, 2017.

    The board also approved a contract renewal with the Bullitt County Education Association.