Bullitt County started out with four magisterial districts. The third District was name Leaches District. Bullitt County was created out of Jefferson and Nelson County in 1796.
The borders and names have changed over several years. From around 1870 through as late as 1940 the district was known as the Leaches District. Some people thought the name Leaches was a creepy blood sucking worm.
But, the District was named after Enoch Leach.